One of the world’s fastest growing ‘billion-dollar’ sectors, legalised medical cannabis has opened export opportunities including Canada, the United States, Israel, Australia, Brazil, Germany and Italy.
- New laws legalising recreational marijuana came into effect on 1 July 2018.
- Canada is the largest federal jurisdiction in the world and the first G7 country to legalise cannabis consumption.
- Legal recreational cannabis sales in Canada could generate up to $4.34 billion in 2019.
- The legal marijuana industry (both medical and recreational) in the United States is regarded as one of the fast-growing industries in the world.
- The sale and possession of marijuana for both medical and recreational use is legal in 9 US states (as of January 2018).
- On 4 January 2018, Federal Government Health Minister Mr. Greg Hunt outlined the Government’s plans to allow the export of medicinal cannabis products from Australia.
- 21 ASX-listed Cannabis companies across various industries such as recreational, medical and nutraceutical
- 11 legal medicinal cannabis markets including Germany, Poland, Portugal, and the Czech Republic